Megan McClintock from Pocket Prof Apps presents a review of important information regarding burns for nursing students.
Types of Burns (Watch at 9:50):
- Smoke Inhalation: CO poisoning, Upper Airway, Lower Airway
Burn Depth and Extent of Burn (Watch at 20:40):
This WILL be on your NCLEX. You must know the rules of 9.
- 1st Degree: Partial-thickness, superficial
- 2nd Degree: Partial-thickness, deep
- 3rd & 4th Degree: Full-thickness
Phases of Burn Injury (Watch at 26:31):
- Emergent: Resuscitative care
- Acute: Diuresis until wound closure
- Rehab: Restorative
The second half of the Burns Lecture video will present nursing care for different body systems from neuro to gastrointestinal. Jump to 53:54 to watch procedures and medications for a patient with burns injury.
HT: Megan McClintock