When you’re feeling down and weary, there is always hope.
When you feel like there is no hope, look within yourself. Remember that you are the light for these patients.
Be the hope and be the light that they need. Use these quotes to give yourself the strength you need to carry through nursing school and nursing shifts.
What you choose to use to give yourself strength does not that. What matters is that you never give up.
50. Will it be easy? No. Worth it? Absolutely
49. “Being a nurse means to hold all your own tears and start drawing smiles on people’s faces.”
48. It is a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.
47. Not all angels have wings, some wear scrubs.
46. “Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.”
45. Nurse is a way to explain a person strong enough to tolerate everything and soft enough to understand everyone.
44. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up, and never give up.
43. Great things never came from comfort zones.
42. Do not let anyone ever dull your sparkle.
41. True leaders do not create followers. They create more leaders.
40. “You should always be learning. If you are the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong place.”
39. “When you are living the best version of yourself, you inspire others to live the best versions of themselves.”
38. I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say “because of you I didn’t give up.”
37. If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you! If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you!
36. “You have not failed until you quit trying.”
35. “You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.”
34. The expert in anything was once a beginner.
33. Every student can learn. Just not on the same day or in the same way.
32. Strive for progress, not perfection.
31. Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.
30. When it rains, look for rainbows. When it is dark, look for stars.
29. Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.
28. You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.
27. The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem.
26. Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.
25. Some days you have to create your own sunshine.
24. Sometimes when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place.
23. The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.
22. If it does not challenge you, it won’t change you.
21. A strong person is not the one who does not cry. A strong person si the one who cries for a moment, then gets up and fights again.
20. “Show respect even to people who do not deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.”
19. Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody.
18. I’m thankful for my struggle because without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.
17. Every morning you have two choices: Continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.
16. “I’m thankful to be a nurse because I get to advocate for people who are at their weakest.”
15. Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching.
14. “Whether I’m fighting the angel of death for my patients, or holding that same angel’s hand and helping the patient and their families through the transition, I love each and every day of my job; this truly is my calling.”
13. Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
12. You were born with the ability to change someone’s life. Don’t waste it.
11. “To make a difference in someone’s life, you don’t have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful, or perfect. You just have to care.”
10. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life and the only way to be truly satisfied is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
9. “The character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses.”
8. “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For passion will lead you right into your purpose.”
7. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest accomplishment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
6. Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you. It does not matter if they are nice. It only matters that you are.
5. A genuine smile from a “difficult” patient is enough to make your day worthwhile.
4. Care for one, that’s love. Care for few, that’s family. Care for hundreds, that’s nursing.
3. “They may forget your name, but they will never forget how you made them feel.”
2. Do not judge any patient. Their story does not matter. The only story that matters is everyone’s for all lives are worth saving.
1. Be the kind of nurse that you want to work with. Be the kind of nurse that you would want to take care of you.