Operational Obstetrics & Gynecology provides a video on Inserting a Foley Catheter in a female with a step by step tutorial.
- Open the package
- Use the sterile gloves
- Open the antiseptic solution and lubricating jelly
- Test the balloon tip
- Separate the labia and cleanse the vulva
- Insert the foley catheter through the urethra and into the bladder
- Inflate the balloon tip after you see the free flow of urine
Female Intermittent Self-Catheterization
This presentation provides a live procedure on a patient and a step by step procedure of a female intermittent self-catheterization.
- Urine collecting hat
- Warm soapy water in a basin
- Clean washcloth
- Clean hand towel
- Re-sealable plastic bag
HT: Post Care